Tuesday, 8 January 2008

Christmas South African style

1 - it's usually really sunny and hot...
2 - it's often a BBQ (braai) around the pool...
3 - there is always LOTS of food...
4 - there are always LOTS of leftovers...
5 - there is a lot of wine and champagne to be drunk...
6 - there is usually a family spat...
7 - crackers are a must...
8 - an afternoon nap is called for...
9 - dessert will happen regardless of how much one has eaten, or when...



YG prepared most of the food a day in advance so the Thai marinade could really permeate the chicken to be braaied.

The house we were house-sitting really lends itself to entertaining. We had some guests from Switzerland who thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed outdoor aspect of our Christmas celebration. A great compliment!

Even the birds had something to keep them entertained! PlayMobile Castle to the rescue!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Oh, I miss mine! I raised them for years. My pair was Ricky and Rita. I love these birds. Chloe was my baby. She use to go and visit gramma and grampa with me. Ride on my shoulder in the car! Beautiful Birds!
hugz

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails