These are two more cards from an early January play-date. Cut-outs from one card have been used on the next card, ensuring no wastage of pretty bits...
The first card - Big D - I stamped the image on the background DP and punched out the D. I cut a small slit in the centre of the circle and threaded the brown ribbon through the punched out section. I added the clipola to hold the ribbon in place.
The "D" is layered onto more DP which has been run through the Big Shot machine with the Divine Swirls pattern. (This paper was part of a stock that had been damaged by an untimely flood and so became the perfect stock for embossing.) All are layered onto White Linen CS.
The Butterfly card is made up of the DP that had the original "D" image. As I had punched out only a portion of the image the remainder was perfect to silhouette the butterfly. I used the Big Shot and the Butterfly die & Emboss folders for this card.
First I die cut one butterfly on brown CS, then die cut the 2nd butterfly out of DP, which was then embossed. The DP butterfly was layered with it's wings left free, to give the view of flight.
I left the ends of the ribbon trail off the card, in keeping with the idea of movement.