Tuesday, 24 November 2009

It's my 100th post & Travel Memories Explosion Box

Well the time is here and it's my 100th post!

WOOOOHOOOO!

I love that I have a place where I can say/do/exhibit items I create - and have lovely folks, like you out there in blogland, come and look and comment and critique. And today is no exception.

I wanted something special for this 100th post so I finally knuckled down and finished the Travel Memories Explosion Box I've been making, using wonderful Bazzil papers and Blockheads Stamps

Although I often say I am not a scrapper, this box has turned into a mini scrapbook album... And I like it! Oh dear - don't know what YG will have to say about that - one crafty addiction (of mine) is enough for him...

This explosion box only has two layers - and no lid - YET! I got this far and found I didn't have the co-ordinating CS I wanted to use for the lid so that will come later/tomorrow/on Saturday...

Inner layer:



For this layer I used my Big Shot & Nesties to cut out the papers and borders for the journaling section, and the Fancy Script embossing folder for one of the outer quarters, to be used as a photo matt. I found the loveliest ribbon flowers in co-ordinating colours and have used it to close the corner at the centre of the explosion box. Velvet ribbon is used to frame the brass frame, also in the centre of the box.

Outer layer:



On these outer quarters I used my Big Shot with the Swiss Dots embossing folder and the Distressed Lines embossing folder. I created the flower using a Sizzix Die, then I ran the flowers throught the Divine Swirls embossing folder, and dragged ink pads across them to highlight the pattern.

To take the picture I tied some brown ribbon around the inner layer and I rather like the effect of the focused view of the centre square - trés chic!

And don't forget about my blog candy! You can be a follower/subscriber or just leave me a comment on this post - about anything you like - to be entered into the draw for the stamp set below. (I will post anywhere.)



Thanks for looking, thanks for commenting, thanks for just being here!

26 comments:

Kimberly Johnson said...

Congrats on your success. :o)

Sandra J. Strickler said...

Congratulations on 100 posts! Here's to 100 more!!!

Dana said...

Oh girl ya did AWESOME! I love making these boxes!

Grace said...

Congratulations on so many posts. I have just started blogging and wonder when I will make it.

Your box is so creative, I've not made one of these.

I look forward to reading through your older posts, and being inspired.

Bunny Larson said...

Congrats! Great 100th post.

Diana said...

Thanks - I've been a follower and have this blog bookmarked for a while. You do some neat things. Thank you for the opportunity for the "eye Candy".....
Diand
dj_enns@yahoo.com

Shaz :) said...

Hi Helen, Congratulations on your 100th post! Love your explosion box, mine is still on my To Do List (that seems to just keep growing lol!) Keep up the good work and it won't be long before you are excited about posting your 1000th post!
Hugz
Shaz :)

cgl1539 said...

Congratulations on your 100th post. I love the explosion box. Way to go!

Cherry47 said...

Hey Helen,
Congratulations on your 100th post. I can wait to get there myself. I love your work and look forward to seeing and hopefully trying in the future.
Sharon

Jamie said...

Congratulations on your 100th post. Just loved your explosion box and how you embellished it.
Thanks for sharing it and for the chance to win blog candy. Jamie

Wendy Hawkinson said...

Your box turned out incredible! :) It makes me want to jump out of my comfort zone (cardmaking) and try one.
I started my blog this spring. No where near 100 posts--great job. Maybe I better get creating! lol

~Wendy Hawkinson
www.gotrubberwillstamp.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Your work is amazing! I love the explosion box! I will have to make one once I heal from my surgery! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 100th post - great blog candy!
Susan
smbruner@yahoo.com

karensk3 said...

Congratulations on your 100th post. Love the box even when it's lidless.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 100th post. Love your explosion box.
Carol
cparks9998@gmail.com

Pauline said...

Hi Helen! Congrats on posting 100... I hope to see 100 more! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous Explosion Box .... its awonderful reminder that I should do more OTP stuff! Thanks for the chance to win your candy!
Hugs,
Pauline (hot in Australia!)

Carolyn Sharkas said...

I love it! I made one for the first time last week, and now I'm hooked. Thanks so much for sharing.

AMANDA said...

Congratulations on your 100th post and love the box.
Regards
Amanda HRH

joycemajor101 said...

Congratulations on your 100th post.
and WOW your explosion box turned out fantastic.

dmgifts said...

Your work is so amazing thanks for sharing it with us. Congrats on 100 post. Heres to many more. Diana

Lisa Avolio said...

Congrats on your blogging.
I have been admiring different explosion boxes, but I haven't tried to make one yet. Yours is looking very classy.

Anonymous said...

Dear Helen
Congrats on your 100 Posts -- Keep them coming -- LOVE the b ox -- what a Star -- love Joyce.

paola said...

OOOHHHH we all love the sweet things,and your blog is looking great these days, so sorry i dont comment more often life is busy, but since i first had a look around till now its come along in leaqps and bounds.
smiles
Paola

DianeL said...

Hi. I already subscribe via email so I'll just say thanks for all your great shares.
DianeL
loyaz1@wbhsi.net

Annel said...

Great blog.. and here is to 100...thanks for letting me have a chance to win. best wishes on the next 100
Annel
pud22164@yahoo.com

Wanda in NC said...

Congratulations girl on your milestone! Glad your blog is going well. TFS everything with us all. Love looking around.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails