Monday, 9 November 2009

Scrapbook Paper/Decorative Paper as backgrounds

A while back I showed my naïveté when I asked another blogger what "DP" meant... She was so sweet and polite when she wrote back to say it just means Decorative Paper, and scrappers are hard pressed to decide between DP and SP (Scrapbook paper) when describing their creations. Either way it works for me. The zillions of DP/SP out there is mind boggling and I'm loving having such a wide choice with which to decorate my cards.

I made the DP the focus of this card and I paraphrased the words of Emily Dickinson's poem "hope is a thing with feathers..." and used the word "wings" to carry the butterfly theme into the card.



CS is Curious Metal White, and the DP is layered onto Turquoise CS. Silver ribbons are attached over both layers and adhered to the card. The butterfly is from the ProvoCraft Cut & Emboss Butterfly set. I cut two butterflies, adhered the first one directly to the DP and then dragged a Baby Blue Versmark inkpad over the second butterfly, bent it in the middle of the body to give it some movement, and then adhered it to the butterfly below.



On this (slightly blurred) close-up of the butterfly you can see its pretty pearlised body - made from strips of cellphone bling! The things people think of... (And thanks HRH for that tip!)

I started the theme on the envelope, which had butterflies attached (but sadly no pic, and had the same DP inside the card where the sentiment was written (no pic for now).

Onto my next DP adventure!

TFL

1 comment:

Libby said...

Your blog is looking great. Well done and thanks for sharing with the group

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails