Wednesday, 3 February 2010

A Cuttlebugged Valentine

Do we love our Cuttlebugs and Big Shots? Yes we do!! And we love Ikki's Cuttlebug Cupboard because she does some truly fun, amazing and wonderful things with her Cuttlebug! Here's my take on her recent tutorial.

My CS was quite stiff so it wouldn't stand closed by itself - so excuse the fingers in the pic...



CS is Curious Metal White, as well as the inner heart. Red hearts are DP, cut using the ProvoCraft Cut and emboss Hearts. The front panel of the card is embossed with my Big Shot and ProvoCraft Heart Blocks embossing folder. I didn't have any co-ordinating matt paper for the inner of the card, so I took some White Linen CS and stippled it with Brilliance Rocket Red ink, then lightly stamped some Hero Arts Flourishes, also using Brilliance Rocket Red ink. Paper is also edged with the ink.




The layout of the white heart is directly under the top (card front) heart - and as there are two "different" hearts in most loving relationships - I offset a second heart. The white heart is raised on 3D foam tape.

Now for my loving message and I'm all set for "Wellington's Day"! (As we call it in our family.)

TFL

10 comments:

Karin said...

Great Valentine! Gotta love the Cuttlebug!

Ikki said...

Wow, you done well with this. Great use of your BS, shows my tutorials and ideas are transferable. Thanks for giving it a go and for the link. I love the way you have created your own DP for the inside, this is defo thinking out of the box!

Hope you have a great Wellington's Day". ikki

Sharon Caillier said...

I love your card. It's beautiful. I have to get on the bandwagon and get mine done. My daughter and grand baby will be here for Valentine's Day and Mardi Gras. Let the good times roll.
Sharon C.

Micki said...

oh wow girl......LOVE 'EM. Yup, gonna have to check out these tutorials. lol.

hugs

Sankari W. said...

Simply sooo gorgeous! LOVE the way it opens out and the hearts are perfection!!! Beautiful!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

shamela said...

Helen... .stunning, gorgeous as usual....you are inspiring to my current lack of creativity..
hugz
shamela ;p)

Connie Paxman said...

Helen such a georgous card with the red and white...I love the style in which it opens..
connie paxman

chilli pip said...

wow these are really elegant cards...

Penny Ricco said...

Lovely card, i like the two patterns you choose for the hearts.It's both elegant and sassy.

Debbie said...

This is lovely. TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails