Friday, 9 April 2010

A blue and white exploding box...

Yes, another one! I am soooo loving playing with these, and as I have several orders to complete I think you'll be seeing a few more of them in the next few days.

The white base layer is accented with Bazzil Nassau Blue CS, embossed with my Big Shot and ProvoCraft embossing folders. I had great fun sanding the embossed edges to reveal the core of the CS. Bijoux, Diamond & Arctic Blue Stickles highlight the Daisy pattern and flower embellishments. The Dragonfly Dreams word tag is brass, but as I wanted a silver look I coloured it with a silver highlighter.



The inner blue layer is accented with the white corner cut-offs, softened with a corner rounder punch, and decorated with Stickles, ribbons, butterflies and flowers. To carry the "outside in" I die cut one of the butterflies with the same scrapbook paper as the exterior of the box, and glued it to a butterfly that was die cut from firmer material. The envelope in the centre is for a tag signed by the "giver". It is a McGill punch. Stamps used are Stampin' Up!, Hero Arts and Stamp It.



Suppliers & Links:
Scrapbook Factory Shop
Cut & Emboss sets, Bazzil & scrapbook paper
Simply Creative
Inkpads, Stickles, Stamp It, Hero Arts stamps, Creative Memories Corner Rounder

TFL!

9 comments:

grandmalee said...

Another beauty! Love all of your details like the tag you colored & the butterfly on the inside made out of the outside paper. I really must try a few of these after checking out yours. TFS!

fairymadjo said...

its sooo stunning hun, love colour you used huggs jo x

Penny Duncan Creations said...

Oh Helen...these are both BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE them...

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a wonderful project- I love everything about it!

Cindy said...

Helen - absolutely beautiful. Every detail is so well coordinated with the overall box. And I love the colors...

Diana said...

Another great box.......I'm also glad that you put the techniques you use.

Cheryl said...

Another lovely box. Great job!

chilli pip said...

These boxes are stunning I might try one but not anytime soon as they look difficult to make.
well done on your awards

Ronita Glanville said...

Hi Helen...love the box and the colours you used! Thanks for the mention :-)!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails