Thursday, 13 May 2010

A Stair-step musical card...

I really enjoy making my cards as personal as possible, so in the case of friends it is quite easy to make a card. I generally know at least some of their interests and I try and incorporate them into said card.

This was for a friend, a muso and "musophile", so I thought the elements of this card would be just perfect for him. (It's actually the card that I made for his girlfriend to give to him...)



CS is Curious Metals Cream, layered with some musical scrapbook paper. The paper is edged with Walnut Stain Distess ink, and I used the residue to colour the background CS of the musicians. The Great Impressions Musicians stamp is stamped with Versamark and embossed with Black Sparkle embossing powder. The musicians are coloured using Stickles and embellished with bijoux.

A close up of some of the elements of the card...



The Hero Arts flowers are distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and embellished with Stickles and bijoux. They are adhered to the card using Ranger's Glossy Accents.

I didn't have an appropriately coloured "N" or "Happy Birthday" tile, so I coloured them both with Brilliance Coffee Bean ink and Rainbow Clear embossing powder. Some of the notes on the music paper have been highlighted with Diamond Stickles.

Suppliers & Links:
Simply Creative
Inkpads, Stickles, Hero Arts & Great Impression stamps
Hero Arts Flowers (product #CH167)

Scrapbook Factory Shop
Distress inks, scrapbook paper, Glossy Accents

Great Impressions - George, South Africa

TFL!

8 comments:

Diana said...

Great card.......love the music theme :)

Cheryl said...

Great card! Stay warm!

Penny Duncan Creations said...

Oh WOW...Such a spectacular card!!! I LOVE all the detail!!!

TR said...

OH! This is very cute!
TFS!

Karin said...

I love it! Very creative :)

PocketsOfInspiration said...

I really like this!

Sande said...

Oh, I love this one. Perfect for the person you made it for.

Trish said...

what are measurements for this card? Thanks. It is so beautiful! Wow such a lucky person to receive this>

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails