Around midday last Friday I received an 11th hour call for a Wedding Journal. Of course I didn't have anything ready made so it was a quick dash to the store to get as many lovely goodies as possible.
It started as a Bo Bunny Album, and quickly developed into something more...
Each insert was modged and then covered with beautiful scrapbook paper. (You'll notice that there are Elephants in the background... I use old desk pads/calendars for my scratch paper and to cover my working surface.)
I used my wonderful HERITAGE brayer to smooth out any wrinkles and bubbles. I used a piece of scratch paper to cover the modged paper so I didn't get any modge podge onto my brayer.
We'd been invited out to dinner - after I'd agreed to do this rush job - so I demurred but sent YG out on his own. When he came back he assisted by removing the excess paper from the album pages/inserts.
As soon as YG was finished with the album pages I got down to sanding the edges of the paper, preparing it for the distress inks. I'm using a lovely sanding block from Making Memories in this picture. It really made the job so easy.
Then it was time to ink the pages with Ranger's Distress Inks and the Tim Holtz Distress Ink Applicator.
How some of the pages were inked... This paper was plain black and white so adding the Victorian Velvet and Old Paper Distress inks really helped to age the paper and add to the vintage/shabby chic look.
This page had subtle yellow and gold hues so the addition of the Wild Honey and Old Paper Distress Inks added some depth.
I'm fairly girlie about getting my hands messy so I had to take a picture of my fingertips - wonderfully coloured with the different shades of the Distress Inks!
Then it was onto the tags that were for the guests to leave messages of love and snippets of wisdom. I used my Sizzix Tags #2 die and Big Shot, then distressed and inked the edges of each of the tags.
Time to start layering... These were two messages sent from abroad to the bride and groom. I inked up part of a Blockheads stamp with Brilliance Cocoa Bean, and stamped it onto the message. A beautiful pre-cut butterfly adds lightness to the page.
Here I used the whole of the Blockheads stamp then split the messages. I used dimensional glaze to adhere the wooden bracket (which was to be inked a little later).
This message contained words about luck and life and living so this coupon/bingo card seemed most appropriate. I crumpled the card then used distress inks to age it.
One of the completed tags...
Another email message, with the month (and day to be highlighted), and a gorgeous Tim Holtz Idea-ology embellishment...
The inside cover of the album, which was modged, covered with lovely scrapbook paper, the sanded and inked with distress inks, and a ribbon laid over the join onto the binding.
The back cover of the album, showing the beautiful lace ribbon lying on the join of the scrapbook paper and album binding.
And finally, the finished cover...
The wedding words are from a sheet of scrapbook paper and the super bling buckle seemed to add the right touch for me. The buttons have had their shanks removed and are adhered to the binding with dimensional glaze.
All products are from the Scrapbook Factory Shop.