Sunday, 5 September 2010

My first Easel Card...

Here we have my first attempt at an Easel Card, which I made as a birthday card for our lovely friend Pia.

CS is Curious Metals Cream, layered with Keyes Reindeer Brown and blue scrapbook paper. Stamps are Hero Arts Essential Messages, stamped with Versafine Onyx.



The flower, although already so lovely, just needed some bling. I used Diamond Stickles on the petals and centre of the flower to brighten it up.



A side view of the card...



A close up of the buckle, to which I also added Diamond Stickles to really 'bling-it-up'.



Suppliers & Links:
Simply Creative
Stamps & inks
Scrapbook Factory Shop
Scrapbook paper, ribbon & Stickles
Deckle Edge
Cardstock
Merry Pak
Flowers

TFL!

8 comments:

Dorothy said...

Tat is such a beautiful card!!

Elaine said...

Cute! I like the diamond buckle!

Created By You said...

Lovely card Helen! Love your color choices!

Janetlynne said...

Aren't easel cards fun?....love them

Cindy said...

Beautiful card; the stickles were the perfect touch to an already lovely card. I've got to try Easels - haven't done so yet.

Sue said...

Helen, I got the notice of your post through scrapbook lounge. Your card is just beautiful. I love your added bling. I would not have thought of the gems on the buckle what a great idea. Congratulations on your first easel card. My first one wouldn't stand up :(.
TFS
Sue

jorunns hobbyblogg said...

very nice cards
Jorunn

Firenze said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments! I think you'll be seeing some more of these on my blog in the future.
Helen -- Firenze Cards

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails