Sunday, 17 October 2010

A Birthday Book...

A week ago I attended a "Midnight Project" at Simply Creative, where Ronita taught us how to make this wonderful Birthday card holder and perpetual calendar.

It was quite a bit of work to begin with, but lots of fun. I finished my embellishing and sprucing at home, as the time passed swiftly while doing the scoring and folding and covering.



I loved these Prima flowers and thought they'd work perfectly with the cover paper. The decorative edge on the black layer is created with by a Fiskars punch.



The flat-backed pearls are adhered to the cover with Dimensional Glaze. The chipboard letters are stuck down with 3d foam tape.



Detail of one of the calendar sheets. Cards slot into the flap above the decorative trim. I had already stuck down the DP when I decided to edge the flap with gold pen, so I used some scrap paper to protect the black card - believe me this takes a steady hand and eye!



I chose to add some stamped images to the calendar sheets, as they appeared a bit bald against the black paper. This is a Great Impressions (South Africa) stamp, inked with Brilliance ink.



The end product, showing the ribbon holding the covers together. Ronita punched and bound the book with a Zutter Bind-it-All. Now that takes some learning to use!



Now to finish a few more cards to pop into each month's flap and it'll be ready for presentation!

Suppliers & Links:
Simply Creative
Tutorial, all papers, Brilliance Ink, stamps

Scrapbook Factory Shop
Flat backed pearls

Scrapaway
Prima Flowers

TFL!

4 comments:

Micki said...

It looks awesome. Love that black decorative strip with the flowers. Yes, they work perfectly.

Sharon Caillier said...

Hi girl, your birthday is beautiful. I love it. Maybe I'll try making one myself. Have a nice day.
Hugs,
Sharon
Carencro, USA

Diana said...

Great job on this.......I'm working on a couple of this myself. Will post when done.

shamela said...

Gorgeous with a capital "G"
TFS
hugz
shamela

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails