Saturday, 27 August 2011

Re-purposing a flea market find...

Such an interesting word - re-purposing...

YG doesn't really get my penchant for boxes and bags and cases - but sometimes he enables the (small) addiction and finds unusual items for me during his flea market trawls.

This is just such one find... It's an old Revlon make-up kit!



With an extra layer that folds out...



And now is a fab receptacle for my selection of Distress Inks and applicators!



Now this lovely little hinged box can live the rest of its' life surrounded by other re-purposed items, in a warm and comfy creative world.

TFL!

9 comments:

Hetty said...

What a lucky find! And you mad a great use of it! Wonderful.

Sharon said...

Looks like an awesome way to use that cute box!

Julie said...

OH boy, what a fantastic little find. I love this style of carrying case and a perfect fit for your distress inks!

Casmiles said...

What a great find - and even better when someone who knows you stumbles upon it with the hopes it's something you'd use. YAY!

Diana said...

Great use for that fun old box. I need to hit the flea markets more ;)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful find! Perfect for your on the go crafting items too!!

mom2fivekiddos said...

so awesome! I love to repurpose (and redecorate)...please, check out my blog, and what I made recently from a Goodwill find!
www.scrappingmamahen.blogspot.com
Kristin

BrendaLea, the Prpldy said...

Love the box, I also like to alter them when I find them.

Christine Rojas-LaviƱa said...

Oh, I love your makeup box! Lucky you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails