Friday, 9 November 2012

An altered tin...


A few years ago I attended a weekend of craft workshops, and I received my lunch in this tin. It's been hanging about disguised as a fabric paint container, a scrap paper container, and a general dust-gatherer for quite some time.

My ribbon container has been looking decidedly unattractive so I decided that it was time to move that along and decorate the "TIN"...

I chose some wonderful sheets of DP, and using Modge Podge, adhered the paper to the tin.


I decorated the seams with different ribbons - here the pegs are holding the ribbon in place while the dimensional glaze dries. I tried modging the ribbon but I couldn't get it to stay stuck!


Some beautiful Prima Flowers and a strand of lacey pearls perks up the lid. I added Stickles to the flowers for some extra bling.

I used this wonderful Broderie Anglaise ribbon for the side seam, and embellished it with pearls.


Here's a front view of the completed tin.  I think I'll find a nice die cut word for the front of the tin, or perhaps use my grunge board letters to make my own "ribbon" letters.


TFL!





3 comments:

Val Thorpe said...

So cool doll. I have some tins lying around ... you have given me an idea. Thank you Love it.

Dorothy said...

Looks very nice!!

Diana Enns said...

Beautiful job on this tin......thanks for the inspiration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails