Sunday, 2 March 2008

Stamping Sketch Challenge SSC#3 (2008/03/02)


I decided to keep this one deceptively simple, and try to use colours that I'm not eager to use.

Reds pose quite a challenge for me so I decided to use several shades, marking the movement into the light. The CS is Keyes Reindeer Black, and the Keyes Reindeer Red has been put through the Big Shot machine using the Happy Birthday Cuttlebug folder, layered onto the black CS with colourful candy-striped Scrapbook paper layered against the left edge of the card.

The flowers are material pansies, and the centres are iron-on daises, although I have adhered them here with Glue Zots.

To highlight the birthday wording I dragged my Silver Brilliance inkpad over the paper to pick up the edges of the words. I have also highlighted several areas with Stickles.

Let's see what you do!

2 comments:

Patter Cross said...

I just got that embossing folder but I haven't used it yet. I can't wait to try it. Your card is beautiful! :)

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

Beautiful card! You did a great job with the red! Don't you just love the look of embossed cards! I know I'm addicted!