Monday, 5 May 2008

Did I mention I'm in love?

Oh my, can't get enough of the Big Shot and the Cuttlebug Embossing Folders!

I used some of the shipping tags on these birthday cards - talk about a quick card (or 3)!

I wasn't really sure I liked the Textile Texture folder, but all those lovely examples on the blogs I've visited finally persuaded me to take a chance - and look how lovely this is (YES, I am saying so myself!)

I've used White Linen CS, the Textile Texture embossing folder and VersaMark Polar Blue ink. I dragged the ink pad over the embossed image on the card and the tag, then edged both in the same ink colour.














On this card I used the Swiss Dots folder on the card base itself, and then Rough Diamond on the green layer, finishing off with the shipping tag. If I'd been clever about it I would have put the fluffy wool through the tag's hole, but hindsight...















For this card I used the Paisley Embossing Folder, inking up the embossing folder on the "negative" side with my brayer and a Big and Juicy inkpad. This is such a cool technique to play with!














I hope you all have fun this week preparing your Mother's Day cards - I'm experimenting with Exploding Boxes! More to follow...

3 comments:

Julie said...

Your cards are all great but the blue one's my favourite, lovely work

Firenze said...

Thanks Julie - high praise coming from you! I think it's my favourite of these too.

June Houck said...

I love your cards, but especially those wonderful tags!

I have drawers FULL of little tags. What a great idea! Maybe I'll make a bunch up to give as gifts :)