Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Who'd have thunk....

...it would take me so long to get another posting off? Well, here it is, mostly cards using my Big Shot and Cuttlebug embossing folders - of course!

I've mentioned before that I attend a monthly card class with HRH Amanda, and this month's class was so much fun with lots of MFT Stamps and tons of colouring - which I just LOVE!

The wonderful camaraderie and creativity we enjoy at our card classes always inspires me to dash right home and uncover the craft table and whip up objets d'arte, but as usual, life gets in the way - this time life was some retail therapy to pick up some more Cuttlebug embossing folders.

Come Sunday and the time was ripe but the energy was low... Off we went to a braai - that's a BBQ to the foreigners - and at 11pm on Sunday night creativity struck - YAY!

First off was a quick card.



The images are all from my stash of pre-stamped folders. I embossed the card stock with my adorable Swiss Dots embossing folder, then I ran the beautiful scrapbook paper through the Big Shot using the Flower folder, edged that with a silver pen, layered them, then applied the pre-stamped "Carlotta" image and embellished with the gorgeous Petaloo flowers. I Added the brass word SMILE, which I'd popped into my Versamark Hyacinth ink pad, then embossed with clear embossing powder to give it some extra sparkle.

That was so easy to accomplish that I felt I had time for another card and this time I chose the "new black" - which we all know of course is Lime Green!



The images are stamped onto paint chips - those myriads of samples we all help ourselves to at the Hardware or Paint store... I think the sales people must think "how many rooms are they planning to paint?" or, more realistically, "who are they trying to fool?" :)

The metallic cream cardstock was "treated" using the Swiss Dots embossing folder (I know... again), then a quick layering of black card and the lime paint chip, some bijoux on the right panel and it's all over, bar the applause!

All that and still not quite midnight and the creative beast would not rest! Who am I kidding? It was the Caffe Latte I had an hour before!

So, another happy card with the wonderful laughing girl, mounted onto the 2nd half of the metallic cream cardstock, with yet more Swiss Dots.


She is layered onto black card, edged with a gold pen, the brass Smile embellishment added to the happiness of the card so how could I not use it. Some more lime green bijoux to complete the ensemble and finally I was ready for some late night reading before falling asleep with the lights on.

See you again soon!

No comments: