Monday, 9 June 2008

A Pink Sunday...

Cape Town weather played along perfectly yesterday for me to get creative. Sunny with just a hint of warmth in the wintery sun, clear skies and, well, a bit too much wind I think.

But, perfect for staying inside at my craft table and finishing off two cards that were waiting in the wings, and then I played with my new Cuttlebug Die - Wedding. Wow - this one takes a lot of love - and patience - to create a card with those teensy fiddly die cuts.

So, in between making a delicious pot of Chicken soup for dinner, rushing through some chores and generally keeping YG company, this is what I accomplished.

--ooOOoo--



The image was from a set purchased from a Scrapbook shop in the UK - when my friend Sammy was over there recently. I love swimming, especially in the sea, but I'm not picky - if it's water I'll generally be happy to be in it.

I thought the lace was just the right touch to add to the "20's" effect of the card. CS is White Linen, black layer is Keyes Reindeer, stamp is Hero Arts Designer Posy Borders, ink used was Brilliance Twilight. The word and metal flower embellishments are mounted with Glue Zots.

--ooOOoo--



Here's another pic from Sammy - they do make for excellent quick cards! I love the fan in this pic but decided to rather take the colour lead from the overall look of the photo. CS is Black Folio, stamp is Hero Arts Large Harlequin background, Invent Yourself stamp - borrowed.

I need to perfect my layered stamping technique, as seen here with the "Invent Yourself" stamp. The upper layers of the pic are much higher then the white card stock. I think next time I'll have to mask off the base layer before stamping. Creating and learning...

--ooOOoo--



This card has a funny story - while making it my play date friend picked it up to look at it and left some oily marks on the card - hence the extra bijoux on the H... Nothing goes to waste - it all just gets "reset" :) And much prettier for it!

--ooOOoo--



This gorgeous little number was my first experience of using eensy-weensy-teensy (yes, that small) die cuts!

CS is White Linen, stamp is Hero Arts Designer Posy Borders, stamped with Brilliance Twilight, highlighted with Diamond Stickles. The pink layer has been run through my Big Shot with the Birds and Swirls Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, and the white layer with Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. The Cuttlebug Wedding die cuts are pasted with FANTASTIC Pritt Power Gel - it has the best little nozzle for delicate projects - well worth the purchase.

Well, I hope you like these - now I'm heading into a green phase...

2 comments:

Karen said...

Helen! Your artwork is inspiring and beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us on the yahoo digistamp group. I do have a question - what is the wax paper resist technique with the Cuttlebug? You refered to it a couple of times lately - some of us are newer to the artistic techniques.... thanks!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Stunning work. I'm loving all the pink, madly! And those images are breathtaking!