Thursday, 4 December 2008

It's ALIIIIIIVE! In time for Christmas...

Well it's been a while since I was here - we can all agree on that!

Life gets in the way of crafting and blogging time too often for my general sense of ease I must say. I've said it so I'm over it now.

For whatever reason, I woke up at 05h55 this morning with ideas for layouts running around in my head. So, jumping right out of bed, I took a bunch of crafty things into the kitchen (my craft table is in the bedroom) and I started.

Here are two of my creations - and I'm rather happy with them.



CS is Curios Metal Ice White, layered with off-cuts of Silver card, run through my Big Shot and Divine Swirl Embossing folder. The red/black flourish layer is pre-printed. To that I have added the chipboard Christmas tree, complete with its sparkles and star.

I showed YG the card and he said there was something missing - something that could be fixed by a ribbon. However, as I'd already stuck all my layers down I had to do a "Mrs" Heath Robinson move and some tweezers, rhinestones and glue later, the finished product emerged.



CS is also Curious Metal White Ice, layered with silver paper off-cuts and Green Focal Weave CS, again run through my Big Shot with the Divine Swirl embossing folder.

The mesh tree is stuck down with Pritt Gel and the words are Stampin' Up! stamped with Versamark Turquoise ink.

The chipboard and mesh Christmas trees are from Merry Pak.

TFL!

2 comments:

REVMER said...

I still laugh about the Sarf Efriken clipped No thank you! and then a few days later this little voice (not so clipped) saying please can I change my mind. Needless to say, I am not complaining considering the number of cards I have recieved as a result. C U soon

Diana said...

Christmas cards are great.....TFS
Diana