Friday, 1 May 2009

Part II of the Fun at the SA Scrapbook Convention

Okey dokey, now that gal-pals Ilzaaay & Val are finally sitting down and enjoying Tim Holtz and Jayme Shephard, I can unabashedly post my project pics!

So, to recap - we started the day with JAYME SHEPARD, with whom we made the funnest small album, utilising leftover packaging that our brads had come in.

This is the *incomplete* front cover (taken with wobbly hand - so excuse that...)



Inside the tag book we see the staggered lengths of the pages - making it easy flip through and highlight special pictures.



And here, on closer inspection, we see that my trembling hand and confusion with inches and centimetres had me paste my papers the wrong way round...



Then it was on to GRUNGED MEMOIRS with TIM HOLTZ.



This was our Kit Bag.... GOOD GRIEF - there was TONS of stuff in there - waaaaaay more than we would be using - so thanks to TIM HOLTZ and RANGER for their wonderful generosity!



Here I am, engloved (I always start out with gloves and usually give up using them pretty quickly...), tearing my paper to my grungeboard album size.



And here are friends Amanda HRH, Lanie and Ronita hard at work, sanding the edges of the grungeboard albums.



There were some wonderful lucky draw prizes given away during the day, and I was lucky enough to be a winner! Here I am with Glenda, convener of the convention, with the prize of adhesives that I won from PURPLE TURTLE.



The man himself TIM HOLTZ, extolling the virtues of "don't think, just create"...



Michelle hard at work punching holes for her cover embellishments.



And my finished GRUNGED MEMOIRS Album...



And to top it all, we had our albums signed by TIM HOLTZ and here's the proof that we had fun with TIM!



Michelle, TIM, myself and Ronita - happy little GRUNGERS!

Now to play and create and enjoy!

TFL!

5 comments:

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

wow, what fun it looks like you had, I luv your book....nice job! *~*

Christine said...

I love the idea and I love the colours!!!!!!! It's absolutely superb.
Groetjes uit Belgiƫ!

Lynda said...

Love your album!! And to spend time with Tim! Oooh, laa, laa!!

Melody said...

Looks like you are having so much fun! Tim Holtz and all! Love the album!

Connie Paxman said...

Love you blog...I came from Blogs R Us...
You lucky gal to have a class with Tim Holtz.
Awesome cards and altered creations.
connie paxman