Wednesday, 21 October 2009

A quick thank you...

This was really a quick card - less than 10 minutes from start to finish. I don't often use dark colours as the focus of my cards, but somehow this colour combo appealed to me, and I was sure it would be appropriate to the person for whom the card was made.



Cardstock is Rich Chocolate brown, layer is Curious Metals Ivory, which I ran through my Big Shot using the Divine Swirls embossing folder and die cut the shape with Nestabilities. I lightly dragged a Brilliance Coffee Bean inkpad over the Divine Swirls pattern to soften the impact of the ivory.

The "thanks" is also a die cut, from the Provocraft With Thanks set, and I used an off-cut of the base card stock to create it. A few bijoux and it as done.

TFL!

3 comments:

Lilsweetpea said...

Hi~ I love all of the detail you put into your ivory cs. This is a great card! Thanks for linking my blog in your sidebar. I am so glad you like my work!

Jessica said...

Great card!!! I really like neutrals. Your card is simple yet elegant :)

Connie Paxman said...

love the rich brown tones and so elegant with the softer colors. Found you from BlogsRUS
connie paxman