Tuesday, 17 November 2009

Findings & Earrings...

When I first started going to HRH Amanda for card classes, a few years ago, it was to learn techniques and design, how to stamp, and which stamp pads to use for which kind of effect. Sometimes though, she throws in a curve-ball and gives us ironing and sewing to do!

Luckily it's all in the pursuit of the enjoyment of our craft! After one of the "sewing card" classes I decided to make a few of these cards for birthdays that were coming up. What I've also learnt from HRH, and along the way on other blogs and cards I've seen, are the interesting "findings" that we can use and adapt to create a piece of art. This is just such a card!



I was inspired by the Mask stamp (from DoCrafts I believe), which was given to me by my friend Debbie. It lent itself to some finery and so the earring "finding" found its way onto the card, acting as the bodice of an exciting evening gown.

CS is Keyes Reindeer Black, stamped with Brilliance Gold and a Hero Arts stamp. The mask is coloured with Twinkling H2O's and the bodice is decorated with Crystal Stickles. I used glass beads to edge the bodice, and to hide the stitching of the fabric to the earring finding. I used red, orange and white tulle for the skirts.

I made this card in 2007 - and I'm happy to say I'm still proud of it! (There are some of my early endeavours which will remain in the "forsaken" pile.)

TFL!

4 comments:

Cherry47 said...

Helen, Your card is beautiful. I just love it. I wish I had great ideas like this. I don't have an original thought going through my head.
Keep Kreating,
Sharon

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is such a gorgeous card- lovely accents and gorgeous coloring! TFS

Libby said...

Beautiful work Helen. Thanks for sharing it with us

thefrugalcrafter said...

cool cards, very Mardi Gras!