Monday, 2 November 2009

Thank you Card... #1

Don't you just love receiving Thank You cards? I remember my Grandmother remarking years ago, after she had given me a particularly "girlie" set of linen handkerchiefs, that thank you's are required, even if you don't like the gift.

And she was right of course, about both aspects - I didn't like the hankies and it is proper and polite to observe the custom, just as she had in giving me a gift for some auspicious occasion in my life.

And where I may be late in sending off my Thank You cards, I do endeavour to manage them before another year has gone past! Okay, I'm not that bad...



This card was created using Keyes Reindeer Black CS, scrapbook paper which was embossed with the ProvoCraft Swiss Dots embossing folder. The grosgrain ribbon is looped through a gorgeous blingy buckle and adhered to the reverse of the scrapbook paper. The word "thanks" is the residue of the die cut from the "Thank You" Die from ProvoCraft, along with the adjacent flower. The word and flower have been inlaid with Diamond Stickles and the layer edged with Brilliance Lime ink. Finally a flower bijoux adds sparkle to the centre of the flower.

TFL!

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

Another beauty!!
Great job!
Dorothy

Cris said...

Do you know I have just discovered the Cuttlebug embossingfolders? You have inspiredme to whip them out of my desk drawer and give them a go! orgeous cards Dorothy. xoxo

Connie Paxman said...

This is my favorite card..love the flower and little flower...great use of the CB folder on all your cards..