Friday, 13 November 2009

Under glass decoupage...

As it is Friday the 13th, I was looking for something to share with you today, that was unusual, or at least different, to my regular offerings... So while searching my photo archive I remembered that my camera had gone belly up for a few months last year and my dear one - YG - had taken pics of my creative endeavours. A quick search of his computer yielded this little lovely.

I learnt this (cheat) technique in 2008 at our local Keen on Crafts expo, a three day craft-filled bonanza. My original project was a Hurricane Lamp (and of course I can't find the pics of it!)

I made this as a gift for Coleen, one of my card class gal pals. Each year we draw a name out of a hat and make a gift for that person. I'll be at card class tomorrow and we'll be doing the draw for this year - it's always exciting to see whose name I draw, and who draws mine.

(Click on pic for a larger version.)

My choice would be that it is a sushi platter - but of course it could be used for any (catering) purpose. The glass is 4mm thick, with polished edges. I cut out some of my favourite Asian themed serviettes, and separated the images from their extra, plain layers. I applied Mr Hooks Varnish to the serviette images, as well as the fine white and gold mulberry paper, to adhere it to the glass, as well as to seal it. I used blue glass pebbles as the feet.

TFL!

3 comments:

Cherry47 said...

This is so pretty. i have never tried it but I'm scared that I will mess up.
Sharon

Terrie B x said...

This is `Beautiful` Firenze..TFS
Have a lovely week:)x

cgl1539 said...

I absolutely love asian designs and fell hard in love with the sushi plate. Wow its so gorgeous. Fabulous job!!!