Wednesday, 23 December 2009

Just for fun Christmas card!

Okay, now I'm just playing...

We did one of these "walker/sidestep/kick-stand" cards in HRH's card class recently - and here's my version!



CS is Curious Metals Ivory, blue Keyes Reindeer layering which went through my Big Shot and Snow Dots embossing folder. I used my T!m Holtz distressing tool to roughen the edges of my blue cardstock and edged them with Brilliance Ocean Blue ink. I used my VersaColour Silver inkpad to add some touches of silver to the Snow Dots themselves.

I used a previously die cut Sizzix Christmas tree die as a template and cut out the tree (by hand, sniff sniff), which also saw action in my Big Shot and the Divine swirls embossing folder. It has been highlighted with Arctic Ice Stickles. I just love how the "no flash" version of this pic has picked up the sparkly bits of the Stickles!

My cut-and-emboss Snowflakes have also been highlighted with Arctic Ice Stickles. I trimmed different lengths off the snowflakes to give them some "movement". The angels choir are punch-outs (note the sherry-tipping angel...). The bauble tag is from the Sizzix Happy Tags #2 die, and is for writing a message for the recipients of the card.

Wording is the ProvoCraft Seasons Greetings embossing folder, and I used a glue pen and blue glitter on the letters.

TFL!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Great card Helen, but then I'd expect no less from you. Your designs are inspiring. Thanks for sharing. The only thing you could do better....is start teaching some of your techniques for these gorgeous cards.

Lindsay Weirich said...

my dear, that is stunning, thanks for sharing;)
Lindsay