This started out as a little project to show YG some colours embossed into the Cuttlebug Cut & Emboss sets, and ended up in a bit of a tutorial and a rather lovely card - yes, we know I lost the modesty button a while ago...
Once the card idea was born I knew what I wanted the layout to be, and the colours, and proceeded with the preparation (and pics). As is my wont, I took it to him for a look-see before the final stick down... And as soooooo often happens, he says he'd prefer another colour for the background and the layout to be just so, and the edges to be something else entirely... (Not sure why do I this to myself time after time.)
So it was back to the drawing/cutting board... And here are the results.
I die cut 3 butterflies with my BIG SHOT and Cuttlebug Cut & Emboss set from the Scrapbook Factory Shop. See the nifty use of scrap paper - making it fit just so?
Then, using VersaColor Lime Ink I carefully applied ink to the embossing side of my folder (that's the part that has the bits that stick up).
Then I *carefully* placed my die cut butterfly on the un-inked side of the embossing folder (so as not to smudge ink onto the CS) and closed it, making sure all flappy bits were where they should be.
Ran it through my BIG SHOT, 3 times...
And these were the results.
I lightly applied Distress Ink to the edges of the butterflies...
...but YG said he wanted more!
So he got more... And this was the final result - a very lovely Condolence card.
And, as I had another butterfly around, and off-cuts of the DP, I made another card, same style, just a slight variation. YG feels that the ribbon on this card "anchors" the butterfly to the page, where the previous card makes it seem as though the butterfly could just flit off the page at any time.
I also added some distress stickles to this butterfly, to add some contrasting light to the butterfly's inner body.