Sunday, 14 February 2010

A Puppy Shower!

I know you're thinking... "A puppy shower? What will they think of next..."

Yesterday at card class we had a surprise for our teacher - HRH - we threw a shower to celebrate the arrival of her bundle of joy - a Golden Retriever!

Sharon - one of us "card class girls" - suggested the idea. She said that we celebrate all the other "arrivals" in each others lives so why not this one too? What a fab idea and what a great surprise it was for HRH. A very aptly named "Princess" was coming to her new home this weekend and we wanted to help celebrate the fun and excitement that goes with the arrival of a new member of the family.



Here are the lovely prezzies for the new arrival, and the delicious Dogbone-shaped biscuits that Debbie baked in honour of the occasion. I brought along simply-to-die-for Chocolate Brownies baked by Nicky of LimeScales which she had decorated with some toy dogs and white chocolate words like Dog and Woof.



I decided my card had to fit the occasion so it too was bone shaped. I couldn't quite work out the template so trusty YG came to the rescue and created the template and cut out the cardstock for me.

CS is plain white card, which is embossed with ProvoCraft's Swiss Dots embossing folder. I used my Vintage Photo Distress Ink and applicator to edge the card and then dragged a Brilliance Twilight inkpad over the dots. Flowers and bijoux decorate one side of the bone and I used while a lovely digital image of a dog from Robyn's Fetish, called Dog Gone, to decorate the other side of the bone. It is coloured with Twinkling H2O's, a glue pen and glitter.

A gorgeously twee charm of a dog bowl completes the picture. HRH chuckled and chuckled when she was looking at my card so I know it was well received.

I luckily got to meet Princess late yesterday afternoon and now I'm super broody - for a puppy! She is the most darling little thing. Well I say little - Golden Retrievers at 6 weeks old are BIG!!

TFL!

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

Simply adorable!

Anonymous said...

What a terrific idea! We need to celebrate much more often and why not a sweet little puppy arrival?

Love it!


Linda Willman

thefrugalcrafter said...

Fun! I have a golden, they are delightful!

Cheri said...

Cute card. Love it.

Sharon Caillier said...

Love your bone card. I never would have thought to do one. My husband is going to get me a puppy soon.
Take Care,
Sharon

Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife said...

A co-worker threw a Puppy Shower for me when we got our Lab Holly. It was such a nice gesture and surprise.

Alisha

Hetty said...

What a wonderful idea and I agree you should celebrate every new arrival. Dogs are part of families for a long time and very good and loyal friends! Great card, nice treats!

Cindy said...

What a good time. Love the card and the goodies too. I do things for my dogs all the time; we have birthday parties, etc. My sister as well, and she's got 8! AND, she can "make" all her dogs sit and pose for the camera at the same time (on a regular basis). I can't even get my two to do that. Gotta love our babies.

Firenze said...

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments and emails! Gosh do I feel all special :)

Helen

Firenze said...

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments and emails! Gosh do I feel all special :)

Helen

chilli pip said...

Hmm not sure which is my favourite the card or those brownies

Ronita Glanville said...

Helen, the card is simply gorgeous well done! I love it! X