Friday, 19 February 2010

Stamping on Dominoes...

A few years ago I participated in a swap which involved stamping on Dominoes. I chose not to go the standard card route, but instead created a little collection of words to use as daily affirmations.



When stamping on dominoes it is important to clean them with a solvent to remove any oily residue left by ones own fingers. After cleaning the dominoes I inked up my Great Impressions (South Africa) stamps with Versamark and embossed them with silver embossing powder. I discovered that dominoes can heat up quite a bit so be careful when touching the domino after you've heat set the embossing powder.



I printed the descriptive card wording on my computer, and stamped the reverse side of the card with the Dragonfly from the HERO ARTS Kimono Silk set of stamps.

I presented them in this pretty lilac organza bag, along with a descriptive card and white feather - presentation is everything!

TFL!

6 comments:

Karin said...

What a creative idea! I would make a great gift for someone that needed a pick me up...I love it!

Cheryl said...

Great project!

Susiestampr said...

I have several boxes of dominos, never used them, great idea to get them out and present them to someone that might need a lift.....TFS

cgl1539 said...

I have got to get me some dominos, these are lovely, great job!

Rhody Art said...

I like this. I especially like the presentation idea. thanks helen for sharing
lin
rhodyart.blogspot.com

Lynda said...

Great idea! And such a lovely gift.