Monday, 26 April 2010

More canvas teasers...

After distressing the canvas using Walnut Stain, Shabby Shutters & Vintage Photo distress inks, I inked up three Hero Arts stamps - Manuscript Background, Old French Writing & Flourishes - with Brilliance Coffee bean ink, and stamped directly onto the canvas. I wasn't going for complete coverage, just background "noise".

Close up of script stamping...



Close up of corner Flourish stamp...



The whole distressed and stamped canvas...



Then onto the Modge Podge part of the evening...



As you can see, under the canvas, I use old calendar deskpad sheets for my scratch paper. And I think I'm headed for a tutorial from YG about getting my edited photograph colours to match...

What's on the canvas? Tags... with words... and initials...



Okay, one more...



And still more to come!

Suppliers & Links:
Simply Creative
Inkpads, Stickles, Hero Arts stamps

TFL!

8 comments:

Hetty said...

ooooooh Helen, you know how to keep us in suspense. This is going to be beautiful!!

Dorothy said...

This is going to be quite a canvas!!!
Its awesome!

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

beautiful, Helen.. it's coming along nicely!

Sande said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sande said...

This is divine...I love getting sneak peaks of your work. I love the background...super elegant.

How big is the canvas you are using. I've never worked on canvas but have heard its the newest rage.

Anonymous said...

Dear Helen,

I really like this look. I think I actually have the florish stamp set you used! I stretch my own canvases (so much less expensive), so I am going to try this straight away.

Thanks for the inspiration.

With Warm Regards,
Carol Broney
c_broney@yahoo.com

Diana said...

Lookin good.........these are going to be very nice pieces of art.

Cherry47 said...

Helen, this is beautiful. I have some canvas I bought and have not worked on it yet. Did you do any prep work on the canvas like Gesso before you did the background? I don't even know where to start. I need to look at all your posts. Take care,
Sharon