Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Black and blue... in a good way!

Here's a Black and Blue exploding box... It was made as a birthday card and gift holder for our lovely friend Julia, and we celebrated her birthday in style, and costume, this Saturday evening. We went along as "80's Biker Trash" and boogied our butts off! And outlasted the 20-somethings...

Anyway - back to the box... It is a single layer box, using Black Bazzil and Blue Coredinations CS. The layers have been cuttlebugged, stickled, inked and beribboned and bejeweled



No Camera Flash:
The Stickles that look green were actually Diamond Stickles, and the Blue butterfly was made using the Blue Distress Stickles. I inked up my butterfly embossing folders with Brilliance Silver ink. The Dimensional Glaze I used to hold the bijoux was not dry when I took the pic so it still looks murky, but it did dry beautifully clear - as is always does.



With Camera Flash:
Now the Diamond Stickles look coppery! And at least the Blue Distress Stickles still show up as blue... The Happy Birthday is a ribbon which is tucked under the Cuttlebugged layer of the lid. I used the Divine Swirls on the lid and all sides of the box, and dragged the Brilliance Silver Ink pad over the embossed sections.



I received such a wonderful compliment from the birthday girl, saying "Do you realise how talented you are??? Your present was the most beautiful present I have ever received - WOW! I had tears in my eyes..." With praise like that I am more motivated than ever to keep on evolving with my craftwork. Thanks Jools!

The centre of the box held a jewellery tin with an Art Deco styled necklace as the "bigger" present.

Suppliers & Links:
Simply Creative
Inkpads, Stickles, Hero Arts & Stamp It stamps, Creative Memories Corner Rounder punch


Scrapbook Factory Shop
Sizzix Embossing folders, Ribbon, Bazzil & Coredinations CS, Upikit Circle punch

TFL!

5 comments:

Diana said...

Oh, I do like this.......thanks for sharing

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

I love your box Helen, just gorgeous!!
I had a quick sticky around your blog and loved the little seagulls. Silly little things they are lol.

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful creations.
Deanne
xx

Dorothy said...

Helen...Simply stunning!! I love makng these! the colors are awesome!!!

Cindy said...

Helen - this is BEAUTIFUL. I love the black and blue - it really is "a good thing". What a lucky friend you have and it's great that she so appreciated her gift! That's why we do what we do. Have a wonderful day

Betty Anne said...

The box is absolutly beautiful Helen.