Monday, 10 May 2010

A bound heart...

I was trying a techique over on Ikki's blog and made a mistake. Instead of trimming half the card and leaving the half heart exposed, I cut out the heart from the centre of the card instead. But, as we've all learnt in card making - there are no mistakes, just new designs!



I decided that I didn't necessarily want the heart just "bare" so I punched small holes through the card, used a large darning needle threaded with gold trim to sew the thread diagonally across the heart. I attached a second piece of card, also with the heart die cut from the card, on the inside of the cover o cover up the thread trimmings.

The card front is embossed with Swiss Dots and coloured by dragging a VersaColor Ash Rose inkpad over the dots. CS is Curious Metals Cream and card size is 14x14cm square.

This is another of the cards we did at my first card class held at the Scrapbook Factory Shop in April.

Suppliers & Links:
Simply Creative
VersaColor Inks
Scrapbook Factory Shop
Card class bookings, gold thread
Ikki's Cuttlebug Cupboard

TFL!

12 comments:

Genie said...

Very clever card, not real fancy but I really like it.
Genie

Diana said...

Looks great.....the stitching added to the card :)
Thanks

Penny Duncan Creations said...

A very cute card!!!!! Love the detail to the heart!!!

thefrugalcrafter said...

pretty, the stitching looks like a "broken heart"

gingerbaby said...

Very inventive. Greatb card for someone who's had there hard broken and needs a little "mending".
Hugs,
Brooke

gingerbaby said...

Sorry about the miss spelled words. My little dog wanted up on my lap. It should read Great card and, their, instead of there.
Hugs,
Brooke

Therese said...

that's a lovely card, and a wonderful example of using a mistake for something beautiful.

Collection Papiers said...

Refreshing and delightful card. I like browsing your blog.

jacque4u2c said...

Just adorable! Great job!

Micki said...

ooohhh girl, I LOVE it. It's beautiful.... so elegant! Just gorgeous.

Libby said...

What a fantastic idea Helen. Love the card

Firenze said...

Thank you, all, for your comments!
Helen -- Firenze Cards