Thursday, 1 July 2010

A birthday present from me...

...to me! And you!

Yep, it's the start of my birthday month (the fun day is the 18th) - I do like to celebrate a *lot*! And I treat myself a *lot* during this month - and I like to treat others too.

For ages now I've been on the lookout for a bag in which to carry my much loved Big Shot, and as much as I'd love one of the doctors-style bags from Sizzix they are a bit out of my budget when it comes to our exhange rate.

But today I found just what I needed - and I'm such a HAPPY almost-birthday girl! It was marked as an Overnight Bag, and it looked just perfect, sitting there happily smiling at passersby. So in I went and ooh'd and ahh'd and made the decision. I did enlist the help of two unsuspecting ladies in the shop, when I asked them for their choice in colour of bag... There was this one...



...or a brown and cream striped bag. The other ladies and I agreed that practically the darker bag was a better choice - it could hide scuff marks and dirt more easily than this pink & blue candy striped bag, but then we also all agreed that the pink was more appropriate... So Pink it is!

Here's the bag with the Big Shot nestled happily inside...



Where the feet do fit quite easily into the base of the bag, the handle of the Big Shot always presents a problem - so I tried it sideays and it's perfect! There is ample place inside the bag to add my multi-purpose platform and cutting mats.

A side view of my new "BSB" (Big Shot Bag)...



And another of the front zipper pouch - which seems capable of holding several dies and embossing folders!



And, because I love sharing my birthday, I'm going straight back to the shop tomorrow and get one of the brown and cream striped bags, to give away as BLOG CANDY to followers and email subscribers of my blog!

I'll be doing a few more blog candy draws so watch this space! (Draws will take place at the end of July.)

TFL!

22 comments:

1922 Designs by bev allaire said...

what a perfect bag! love it!

Angela Lee said...

I love the bag. Great idea....
It so nice to think outside the box when looking for storage.

Chris said...

Happy Birthday to you and me, Helen. Mine is the 11th.

Anonymous said...

That is a perfect bag for your Big Shot. I love it.

Carol P

Meg said...

I hope you have an awesome birthday month! I think it is a great idea to celebrate all month long!

Diana said...

Happy Birthday to you :).....my hubbies is tomorrow.....I hope you have an awesome month .

Diana

Jeanne said...

Happy Happy birthday!! I love that bag! So adorable and just perfect!

NIfty said...

Happy Birtyday to you and all who share this birthday month! I also have a birthday mine is the 2nd... tomorrow !
I love the bag it looks just prefect for the big shot.

Donna said...

Great bag! And what a perfect git to you for your birthday! Happy birthday to you!

Blogs said...

NO WAY!!!! That is THE MOST AWESOME bag!!

You deserve the best - HAPPY B-DAY!

d

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, what a great find...FABULOUS

Susan Nel said...

Great idea to celebrate your b/day like this. a Super bag, i've got a big shot too, LOVE it to bits. Pink is the in thing!!! have a great month!!!

myska said...

That is perfect! I like it better than the "doctor bag" from Sizzix! Enjoy your purchase AND your birthday!

Sande said...

Happy Birthday and the bag is perfect. I love finding another use for something that had nothing to do with what I intended. And save money at the same time. Great find.

Casmiles said...

Helen - what a wonderful treat, and great way to start your birthday month. I'll have to do that with mine (stretch it over the month with treats for me - I'm next month and dad has been counting down for a couple months now (each time he gets in the car, he says XX days Marie (that's what he calls me). It's cute. And you definitely made the right choice with the colors - love it! I'm like you, need a bag for mine, but am not crazy about the dr's bag, and it's definitely not as cute! I look forward to seeing what other birthday treats you acquire over the month - what a fun way to celebrate!

Skrapbuker said...

Happy Birthday (month)!!!!

I love pink! I would agree with the darker colour hiding scuffs and such, but that would only be a real choice if there was no choice of pink!

Thanks for a chance to win goodies!

I've shared this on my blog (work in progress) http://skrapbuker.iblogger.org/

Cheers!
Flower

Debbie said...

Hello B'ful Gal
WOW - I am jealous. Pls bring to card class so I may drool over it!!

Eileen said...

Oh yes .....My birthday is in March I am sooooo gonna do something like this .... great fun ...I have a big-shot ..lives in a Carrier bag!! (recycled of course)....Happy Birthday and may you receive loads of treats Ex

Colorado said...

This is so perfect!!! What a great find. Happy Birthday from a Cuttlebug group friend!

m7c57 said...

"Happy Birthday" to you. My birthday will be rolling around on the 19th. Great bag find!!!

linda said...

Wow! Just wanted to say thanks for your comment about the Big shot in the digital stamping group... I think I'm going to get that since it seems more hard core! :)

Poppy said...

great bag perfect colours.
Thanks for joining in my blog candy give away,
Good Luck.
~♥~Poppy~♥~