Wednesday, 4 August 2010

The OCCSC26 challenge...

I haven't participated in online challenges in a while, although not for lack of trying. I keep downloading the sketches and putting a reminder in my scheduler, and then work and play and birthday celebrations get in the way, and well, nothing happens. But I was able to make use of the Our Creative Corner Sketch Challenge from last week, and made a birthday card for a lovely friend.

The sketch...



What I did...



CS is Curious Metals White. I distressed the edges the lovely blue scrapbook paper with my Tim Holtz distressing tool and inked the paper with Stormy Sky distress ink. The upper layer was embossed with one of the lovely Sizzix embossing folders and also distressed and inked. The stamp is from Stamp It!. I didn't have a blue chipboard letter so I sanded the brown one I had, inked it with the distress ink, heat set the ink and then covered it with Glossy Accents.

A deep chocolate brown ribbon and blue flowers complete my version of the OCCSC26.

Suppliers and links:
Simply Creative
Stamp It! stamp, flowers, chipboard letters
Scrapbook Factory Shop
Scrapbook paper, distress inks and tool

TFL!

7 comments:

Diana said...

A very nice card - love the embossed panel

Dorothy said...

Helen! I love your card!!!

Rose said...

beautiful and i love the blues with a touch of brown :) thanks for joining us on the OCCSC this week

Kerry said...

It is a very beautiful card, I love all the detail to it. Especially love the embossing. Thanks for sharing.

Karin said...

Those flowers you added are lovely!

Chris said...

Great card. Love the glazing on the letter A.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful! I love the color and the texture!