Friday, 16 September 2011

Off the page... and onto the wall...

I recently showed you a sneak peek that had beautiful, big pink flower... Well, here's the rest of it!

I made this as a gift for our lovely friend, P, who enjoys horse riding.  I went along with her one day and snapped some superbly candid shots.

The present started out life as a plain, blank canvas (30x22cm).


I printed draft versions of the pix I was using to layout my idea and see which I preferred.


I tried a grunge board flourish, and  We R Memory Keepers chipboard letters...


I moved the pix around, tried other glitter-covered chipboard letters and hearts...


I decided to add some Distress inks to the canvas...


The Hero Arts and 'el-cheapo flowers were placed and silver stars were attached with glue dots, to join the sequence of smaller pictures...



And then, it was done...


The birthday girl, all pretty and sparkly, next to her already-hung present!


As I had printed the pix on my inkjet printer, I taped them to firm cs, and stuck them down with Glossy Accents, to avoid any chance of moistening the ink.  The central flowers were attached to the back of the canvas, by way of a pin through the canvas, and the stem of the flowers stuck down with tape.  The chipboard letters, embellishments and large flower were also adhered with Glossy Accents. (Gotta love that stuff!)

TFL!

5 comments:

Diana said...

What a great gift - I know she'll enjoy seeing this on her wall for years to come.

Penny Duncan Creations said...

What a gorgeous layout!!!!!

shamela said...

Lovely Helen I am sure P loves her gift.......a gift for all time

Casmiles said...

Helen - what a wonderful gift; one she can enjoy every day, and attach the thought of your friendship to it as well each time she sees it!

Alison said...

Such a fabulous gift for your friend, no wonder she looks thrilled with it! x